PRH-1 Hydraulic Set Retrievable Packer
The Star PRH-1 Packer is a single-string, hydraulic-set retrievable packer designed for Single or multi-packer production completions. The packer is made up to the tubing string and run into the well. At the desired setting depth, pressure is applied down the tubing string against a plugging device below the packer. When the full setting pressure is applied, the packer slips and elements should be fully engaged and held in the set position by internal spring loaded slips. The Packer design allows for no mandrel movement during the setting sequence.
The Packers can be run either in single packer or multiple packer completions. When used in multiple packer completions, the setting pressure can be adjusted to allow the packers to be set and tested individually.
To release the Packer, straight pull on the tubing is all that is required. Straight pull on the tubing shears a set of release pins which allows the packer mandrel to move upward moving the supports from beneath the slips. Further upward movement relaxes the elements and enables the packer to be retrieved.
Features & Benefits
- Field proved reliable
- High performance at low cost
- Small OD
- Hydraulically-set for safe, dependable operation in multiple packer applications
- Triple-seal multi-durometer elements
- Shear screws allow operator to vary the setting pressure and release force
- No mandrel movement when setting
- Requires only a straight pull to release
- Multiple packers can be run and set in one trip
- Standard 7.5ksi rate
- Single or multi-packer production completions
- Production and injection wells.
- The lower packer in dual completions
- Act as a bridge plug with an on off tool.
- Multi-zone completions
|Casing Size||Casing Weight||Max OD||Min ID|
* Other ID available depending on tubing size selected.
* Other casing sizes available depending on request