The Cable Pack-Off provides an effective seal for an electrical submersible pump (ESP) cable when used with a multistring packer. To achieve a seal, the metal shield on the cable is removed from a short section, and the cable is installed through the secondary side of the PRH-4 packer. The tool isolates pressure below from pressure above the packer by sealing on the rubber jacket of the cable.
Features and Benefits
- Compression energized elastomeric seals
- Without splicing or using expensive penetrators when running cable through the packer
- Seals on cable OD, designs available for round and flat cables
- Simple tighten of a nut to compress the elastomers
- Standard 3,000psi working pressure rating